Ways to Donate!
DONATING TO THE PEI SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
Thank you for considering a donation to the PEISO. Ticket sales, fund raisers, and government funding account for approximately 65% of the PEISO’s operating budget so we rely on generous contributions from our supporters – people like you – to help make up the difference.
The PEISO is a registered charity and as such all donations are credited in our programs and acknowledged with an official tax receipt that we will issue for 100% of your individual donation. Our CRA registration number is: BN119103216RR0001
Through the financial support of music lovers like you, the PEISO can continue to enrich our audiences each season, and invite talented musicians to perform with us. We are truly dedicated to making music accessible to all Islanders and your support makes it possible.
If you wish to help the PEISO by making a financial contribution, there are several ways you can donate:
BECOME AN INDIVIDUAL DONOR:
The PEISO has a number of donor categories:
- Benefactor ($1,000 and over)
- Patron ($500 – $999)
- Donor ($100-$499)
- Friend ($25-$99)*
- Sustaining Supporter ($10 or more)*
*All donations are recognized in our concert program guide.
Does a onetime contribution seem too burdensome? Consider becoming a Sustaining Supporter!
Supporting supporters are especially important for insuring the symphony’s financial operations and activities during the critical planning months leading up to the concert season.
Signing Up is Easy! Its takes only minutes: We have arranged for Sustaining Supporters to sign up through the CANADA HELPS link (below) to administer an automatic monthly contribution withdrawal from your bank account for the support of the PEISO. A contribution of just $10 a month will generate an end of the year charitable contribution tax receipt of $110 dollars; a $25 a month contribution will result in a $300 tax receipt!
BECOME A CONCERT SPONSOR OR CORPORATE BENEFACTOR
- Concert Sponsor $10,000 or more
- Corporate Benefactor $1000 – $9,999
The PEISO has a special relationship with its foundation and corporate supporters. Among other benefits, Concert Sponsors and Corporate Benefactors receive recognition in all our promotional materials posters and brochures, concert programs, web site and in the introductory comments made prior to each performance by the symphony president.
Purchase of a corporate sponsorship package entitles your company to many other valuable perks such as complementary concert tickets and event passes for your staff and clients! Your support also extends your marketing reach here in PEI to a valuable target community.
Please contact the PEISO President for more information. We’ll send you a corporate sponsorship packet which details corporate benefit sponsorship opportunities.
OTHER WAYS TO DONATE
Here are some other ways you can support your symphony!
- Adopt-a-Musician: Through our Adopt-a-Musician program, you can sponsor a particular member of our ensemble and see your money at work at our concerts. You will have the opportunity to meet your sponsored player at a reception after one of our concerts, you will be credited in our program, and you will receive an official tax receipt. Our adoption rates are as follows:
- Music Director $13,500;
Section chair $650;
Adult musician $550;
Student musician $450.
- Music Director $13,500;
- Donate a listed security: Under the new Capital Gains Taxation rules, the capital gains taxes on an increased value of an investment can be minimized or avoided entirely by donating listed securities to a registered charity, like the PEI SymphonySociety, in return for a tax receipt. Donating securities to the PEISO can also save you dollars when planning your estate. Contact us for more details
- United Way: As part of your workplace campaign you can make a contribution through the United Way in support of the PEISO.
- Muffins for Musicians: Do you like to bake? Do people love your sandwiches? Each concert weekend, we try to provide our musicians with something to snack on during each of their 4 coffee breaks. It doesn’t matter whether you are interested in dropping off a fruit tray or a bunch of freshly-made muffins, your contribution will definitely be appreciated by our hard-working musicians. We are always looking for sweets, cookies, loaves, muffins, sandwiches, fruit & veggie trays and just about anything else that will awaken the culinary appetite of our hardworking musicians! To learn more contact us at (902) 892-4333 or send us an email.
If you have any questions concerning donations or our sponsorship programs, please contact our Office Administrator or give us a call at 902-892-4333.
You can donate via CANADA HELPS
over the phone using VISA or Mastercard, via Paypal or by snail mail by sending your cheque to:
Prince Edward Island Symphony Orchestra
PO Box 185
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7K4
Thank you for your interest and commitment to live orchestral music on PEI!
A Message from the President of the PEI Board of Directors:
The Board of the PEI Symphony Society is pleased to announce the creation of a new “SEND A KID TO THE SYMPHONY FUND” dedicated to the memory of our friend and colleague, John Clement.
As any attender to a PEISO concert is well aware, the vast majority of our concert goers are adults and seniors. One of the great challenges that confronts not just the PEISO but symphony orchestras across North America is how best to reach out to the younger generation. During his lifetime, violinist, music educator, PEISO board member and conductor and Singing String co-founder John Clement did his utmost to introduce hundreds of young people to the joys of music. This fund seeks to continue the spirit engendered by John’s dedication to that goal.
Every year, all monies donated to this fund will be used to enable children, students and other youth to attend symphony concerts free of charge. Our goal is to introduce a new generation to the joys of music making.
All donations to the fund are 100% tax deductible; donors will be recognized in the PEISO house programme and webpage. Additionally, all contributions will also receive a tax receipt issued on behalf of the PEI Symphony by CANADA HELPS.
Won’t you join with me in making a contribution today?