In this third concert of the season, the orchestra will be led by guest conductor Dina Gilbert. (http://www.dinagilbert.com/) Gilbert is the music director of l’Orchestre symphonique de l’Estuaire (Quebec), Montreal-based chamber orchestra Ensemble Arkea, and the Kamloops Symphony. She’ll lead the PEISO through Zoltán Kodály’s Dances of Galánta, Pierre Wissmer’s Symphony no.1, and Edvard Grieg’s Peer Gynt Suite no. 1. The concert will also feature this year’s winner of the Suzanne Brenton Award, violinist Judy Yun, performing Mozart’s violin concerto no.5.
A free Pre-Concert Talk will take place upstairs in Zion’s youth chapel before the show, where Gilbert and Yun will share with the audience some personal insights into the performance to follow.
- Where: Zion Presbyterian Church (Corner of Prince and Grafton, Charlottetown)
- When: 2:30pm on February 24, 2019. Pre-Concert Talk starts at 1:30pm
- Tickets: $40/adult, $15/student, available at Confederation Centre Box Office
- (Season Subscribers just show your ticket at the door!)
- First time at a symphony concert? We’ve got you covered! Read our Symphony 101
- For some extra perspective, read about the composers before the show:
- Zoltán Kodály: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoltán_Kodály
- Pierre Wissmer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Wissmer
- Edvard Grieg: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edvard_Grieg
- Mozart: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Amadeus_Mozart